A while back I convinced myself that I would be nothing more then a typical suburban girl. I live in a small but growing town with everything from three story houses to Friday night drive by shootings. I've been a theater geek most of my life but have tried just about every extracurricular activity you can think of. From ballet to football, I've done it all. For a girl who was somewhat popular, very well liked, and had the potential to be amazing at anything she set her mind to; no one could understand why I was so unhappy. My potential was my downfall. Not to sound conceited, but the fact that I was so good at so many things but never excelled at any of them wore on my confidence. By the time I was 17, I gave up on myself.
I'm 19 now, and the scared, shy 17 year old with no self confidence is nothing more than a memory. Making the mistake of giving up on everything I could have been was the biggest mistake of my life. Starting over is a challenge but I refuse to be counted out.
I'm not really one to talk much about how I feel but I need an outlet, so I'm letting this blog be your gateway into my mind. I'll probably update every day. For such a small town, things tend to change very quickly. Let's just hope you don't get to bored with my not-so-epic journey out of the suburbs. Just remember, you can take the girl outta the suburbs, but you cant take the suburbs outta the girl.
Love always,
Suburban Angel
P.S.
Winter sucks
No comments:
Post a Comment